8 slices French bread (about 1/2 inch thick)
5 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 jar peach or apricot preserves
Brie cheese, sliced and rind removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, ensuring each slice is thoroughly soaked.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add coated bread slices to pan. Cook both sides until golden brown. Repeat until all slices are cooked.
- Spread one slice of French toast with preserves. Add 3-4 brie slices. Top with the second slice of French toast. Repeat for all slices.
- Place slices on sheet pan and bake until brie is soft and warmed through. Serve with maple syrup, berries and powdered sugar.