The great thing about hosting a Halloween party with a pop culture theme is the options. Celebrities, movies, binge-worthy TV shows, memes—they’re pretty much endless.
One theme we love (along with the rest of the world, according to box office numbers), is superheroes. You can tap into iconic ones that everyone’s familiar with, of course, or have a little fun with it. Ask guests to come up with their own characters and costumes. Manhattan Man to the rescue!
Calling All Superheroes
Become… the Mixorcist
Sounds like a fantastic superhero name, doesn’t it? And your superpower is making irresistible cocktails! Here are some easy and delicious cocktails that can even be made in larger batches, so guests can handle their own refills.
- Tequila Chill – Halloween brings plenty of chills but none more delicious than this tequila cocktail.
- Bobbing for Apples – No need to dunk your head in a bucket. Jack Apple puts that crisp apple flavor right in your glass.
- Berry Scream – An alcohol-free cocktail that’s fruit-forward and full of fun.
Prepare the Fortress
Give your venue a superhero vibe with cityscape backdrops, eye masks and iconic comic book “Kapow!” thought bubbles. Tablecloths, runners and streamers in bright red, yellow, blue and green will bring a pop of superhero color. Have any old comic books laying in the basement? (Ones that aren’t worth money, of course.) Scatter them around or hang them on the walls. You can hang peel-and-stick temporary wallpaper, too.
No, we don’t mean kale. Not even a superhero should try to prepare a big sit-down meal. Heavy appetizers are the way to go.
- Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Shrimp – Simple to make with a spicy kick.
- Old Forester® Bacon & Bourbon Meatballs – Bourbon AND bacon? Together?! Yes, please!
- Antipasto Platter – Simple to prepare and refill throughout the night.
Sure, guests will be having tons of fun mingling, but why not make your pop culture party even more fun with minimal effort?
- Comic Book Photo Booth – Create or purchase a background or photo booth frames with a comic book theme. Be sure to include character props like masks and speech bubbles. Share the photos privately later via a Facebook group or Google Photos so everyone can relive the night.
- Costume Contest – This is a guaranteed hit, especially if people are creating their own superheroes. Categories could include best overall, most original, funniest and best dynamic duo.
Last but Not Least
Be a true superhero and help everyone get home safely with a rideshare or taxi. (See links to Lyft and Uber apps below.)